This course is designed to satisfy the 40 classroom hours of training required to mediate court-referred disputes as indicated in the Texas Alternative Dispute Resolution Act § 154.052, Texas Civil Practices & Remedies Code Ann. This course also meets the Texas Mediator Trainers Roundtable’s requirements.
This intensive five-day program is designed to provide individuals with the knowledge and skills necessary to mediate a variety of everyday disputes. This course emphasizes the importance of practical experience in becoming an effective mediator. During frequent role-plays, each participant will mediate a variety of disputes with expert feedback
· Learn the mediation process and general mediator skills;
· Gain an understanding of how a volunteer-based mediation organization operates;
· Review and Reinforce listening, communication, and conflict management skills;
· Be introduced to the negotiation process including methods and styles of negotiation;
· Review ethical considerations associated with mediation;
· Apply mediation techniques in real life mediation situations that will assist in managing conflict situations at work and in the community.
Our next 40-Hour Basic Mediation Training Course will be:
***You must attend all 5 days in order to receive your Basic Mediation certificate.***