This course is designed to satisfy the 24 classroom hours of training required to mediate court-referred disputes as indicated in the Texas Alternative Dispute Resolution Act § 154.052, Texas Civil Practices & Remedies Code Ann. This course also meets the Texas Mediator Trainers Roundtable’s requirements.
This intensive three-day program is designed to provide individuals with the knowledge and skills necessary to mediate family related disputes such as divorce, modification, and Suits Affecting the Parent Child Relationship. This course emphasizes the importance of practical experience in becoming an effective mediator. During frequent role-plays, each participant will mediate a variety of disputes with expert feedback.
· Review the mediation process and general mediator skills;
· Discuss information related to family law and family mediation;
· Be introduced to what mediators should expect when conducting family mediations;
· Establish a level of comfort with the anticipated emotions disputants will experience during family mediations;
· Review ethical considerations associated with family mediation;
· Apply mediation techniques in real life mediation situations that will assist in managing conflict situations involving Family related cases.
Our next 30-Hour Family Mediation Training Course will be
*This training has been cancelled due to low registration. We will post the new dates when we reschedule.*
October 8th, 9th, and 10th, 2019
***You must attend all 3 days in order to receive your Family Mediation certificate.***
Space is limited to 10 attendees.