This course is designed to satisfy the 14 classroom hours of training required to mediate court-referred disputes as indicated in the Texas Alternative Dispute Resolution Act § 154.052, Texas Civil Practices & Remedies Code Ann. This course also meets the Texas Mediator Trainers Roundtable’s requirements.
This intensive two-day program is designed to provide individuals with the knowledge and skills necessary to mediate Child Protective Services (CPS) cases. This course emphasizes the importance of practical experience in becoming an effective mediator. During frequent role-plays, each participant will mediate a variety of disputes with expert feedback.
· Review the CPS case process and timeline
· Discuss information related to CPS and potential Parties;
· Be introduced to what mediators should expect when conducting CPS mediations;
· Establish a level of comfort with the anticipated emotions disputants will experience during CPS mediations;
· Review ethical considerations associated with CPS mediation;
· Apply mediation techniques in real life mediation situations that will assist in managing conflict situations involving CPS related cases.
Our next 20-Hour CPS Mediation Training Course will be:
* April 15th – 16th, 2020
***You must attend both days in order to receive your CPS Mediation certificate.***
Space is limited to 10 attendees.